Intellectual Property Theft Costs Businesses Big Bucks
Just as you have a security system for your physical property, you need a system to protect your ideas. Physical property can be replaced, but your intellectual property is one of a kind. It can be the key to your company, career and even lifelong wealth. The Internet has made intellectual theft global, easier to accomplish and difficult to punish.
According to the FBI, intellectual property theft costs US businesses billions of dollars per year in lost sales. Knockoff items are easily sold on the Internet and the consumers are none the wiser.
This not only creates a loss in sales, but also creates brand equity when the knock-offs don’t measure up to customer expectations.
Worldwide Presence and Protection
Santoni Investigations partners with customs officials, local and federal law enforcement agencies to find and stop the sources of infringement. It is crucial to compile evidence and ensure your case is properly executed to help recover losses.
Setting a 3-Point Course of Action and a Counter-Attack Plan
With technological advancements come more ways for criminals to counterfeit your goods. Just keeping track of it feels like a losing game of Whac-a-mole(TM).
It may be time to bring the experts in to devise a proactive monitoring and investigations plan.
- Identify Sources of Infringement
- Identify sources of counterfeit or pirated goods, including the individuals or companies involved in distribution.
- Conduct anonymous evidentiary purchases that will be admissible as evidence.
- Support Enforcement Action
- Execute civil seizures to recover counterfeit merchandise in coordination with law enforcement organizations.
- Comply with the letter of the law to withstand the scrutiny of anticipated legal action and testify as needed in court.
- Design a Program for Prevention
- Develop a program for anti-counterfeiting and anti-piracy that helps you proactively respond to infringements in the marketplace now and in the future.
- Set up a security infrastructure to assist you in the prevention of channel disruption, including the design, installation, and optimization of monitoring equipment.
Call us today to discuss in detail how this plan can help your business: